Dr Nadimul Faisal (FHEA, CEng MIMechE, MIMMM) is currently a Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. Previously worked as Post-Doctoral Research Associate at Alfaisal University, Teaching Fellow at University of Strathclyde, Research Assistant at Heriot-Watt University. He has worked as Junior Research Fellow at Surface Engineering Division, International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad, India.
Experience includes leading research funded by Scottish Funding Council (SFC), Oil & Gas Innovation Centre (OGIC), Centre of Excellence for Sensor and Imaging Systems (CENSIS), The Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland, Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC). He is Member of IMechE, IMMM and CEng. He is Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA). He is EPSRC Full College member.
He is an experimental researcher and work in the field of mechanical & materials engineering, with focus on ‘Micromechanics (instrumented experiments)‘. With the current academic roles and associated responsibilities, he is working independently and at the same time establishing collaborative research and teaching programmes. He teach various modules in BEng/MEng courses at various levels related to Mechanical and Offshore Engineering and supervises interdisciplinary graduate students (taught/research, e.g. MSc, MRes, PhD).
Research Interest Keywords
– Thermal spray coatings (e.g. HVOF/APS/Suspension) & thin films
– Sensor based instrumented mechanical testing
– Acoustic emission (AE) sensor-based condition monitoring
– Indentation contact mechanics & nanomechanical testing
– Corrosion monitoring (electrochemical, acoustic emission)
– Fracture mechanics (Failure Mode-I, II, mixed-mode), adhesive joints
– Neutron residual strain/stress measurement (Engin-X/STFC) of thermal spray coatings, geological rocks
– Analytical/Numerical modelling
Nadimul H Faisal, PhD, FHEA, CEng MIMechE, MIMMM
Senior Lecturer, School of Engineering
Robert Gordon University
Sir Ian Wood Building, Garthdee Road
Aberdeen, AB10 7GJ, Scotland, UK