Nadimul Faisal is a Professor of Surface Engineering & Micromechanics at Robert Gordon University (RGU), Aberdeen, UK. Additionally, he is Advanced Materials research group lead, and editor of School’s research newsletter.
Previously worked at Alfaisal University (KSA), University of Strathclyde (UK), Heriot-Watt University (UK), and International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), India.
Experience includes leading & co-leading research funded by Scottish Funding Council (SFC), Oil & Gas Innovation Centre (OGIC), Centre of Excellence for Sensor and Imaging Systems (CENSIS), The Data Lab, The Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland, National Manufacturing Institute Scotland (NMIS), Innovate UK, UKRI EPSRC, Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), and Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL).
He has collaborated on number of commercial projects funded by small & large companies.
He is Member of IMechE and CEng, and IMMM. He is Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and Member of RSE’s Young Academy of Scotland (MYAS). He is EPSRC Full College member.
He is a founder of SequetricS Limited (a start-up technology company).
He is an experimental researcher and work in the field of mechanical & materials engineering, with focus on ‘Micromechanics & Surface Engineering‘. With the current academic roles and associated responsibilities, he is working independently and at the same time establishing collaborative research and teaching programmes. He teach various modules in BEng/MEng courses at various levels related to Mechanical and Offshore Engineering and supervises interdisciplinary graduate students (taught/research, e.g. MSc, MRes, PhD).
Research Interest Keywords
– Thermal spray coatings (e.g. HVOF/APS/Suspension) & thin films
– Sensor based instrumented mechanical testing
– Acoustic emission (AE) sensor-based condition monitoring
– Indentation contact mechanics & nanomechanical testing
– Corrosion monitoring (electrochemical, acoustic emission)
– Fracture mechanics (Failure Mode-I, II, mixed-mode), adhesive joints
– Neutron residual strain/stress measurement (Engin-X/STFC) of thermal spray coatings, geological rocks
– Analytical/Numerical modelling
Professor Nadimul H Faisal, PhD, FHEA, CEng MIMechE, MIMMM, MYAS
School of Engineering
Robert Gordon University
Sir Ian Wood Building, Garthdee Road
Aberdeen, AB10 7GJ, Scotland, UK